All registered athletes can compete in the centre track and field championships, however there are some qualifying standards to be eligible to compete.
- Athletes must have competed in a minimum of 6 centre competition days, which may include the Border Challenge Cup, Relay program and Centre Multi event.
- U6 & U8 athletes will follow the set program Programs
- U9 to U16 athletes may enter a maximum of 5 events each championship day.
- Exemption from the qualifying requirements will be at the discretion of the committee or referee.
- All events will be run in age groups.
- Place getters are recognised in all events.